Our main acute centre (24 hour access to urgent and emergency care) is the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton, however patients with more complex emergency needs are usually taken to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough.
All patients in Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby areas are taken to the most appropriate centre for their emergency needs - this may be one of the following:
- Darlington Memorial Hospital, Darlington
- Friarage Hosptial, Northallerton
- Harrogate District Hospital, Harrogate
- James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
- Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough
- The York Hospital, York
Emergency transport is provided by Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Always call 999 in a medical emergency.