Humber NHS Foundation Trust is contracted to provide community and out of hours services in Whitby and the surrounding area.
The contract is for seven years and means that they provide a range of services including district nurses, in-patient care, minor injuries, physiotherapy and radiology.
They are also a key partner in the Whitby Hospital redevelopment project
The CCG’s key commissioning intentions for community and out of hours services include:
- Promote better integration of health and social care to reduce duplication and support better health outcomes through new partnerships.
- Ensure the Minor Injuries Unit and Out of Hours GP services are better integrated.
- Reduce patient length of stay in hospital and support better discharge planning.
- Provide local access to a range of diagnostic services.
- Work more closely with GP practices and adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to care planning.
- Deliver improvements in the quality of care through the wider adoption of technology.
- Reduce the need for patients to travel outside of Whitby.
- Improve access to General Practice and promote partnership working.
- Continue to develop local mental health services.
- Work closely with local charities and the voluntary sector.
- Ensure a strong workforce is in place.