We're currently consulting on adult and older people's mental health services across Hambleton and Richmondshire. Visit our webpage to find out more
- Dementia Carer Information and Support - 13 October
- Dementia Carer Information and Support - 20 October
- Dementia Carer Information and Support - 27 October
- Dementia Carer Information and Support - 3 November
"How living with dementia could be"
A video by NHS Doncaster CCG:
Dementia support groups
Singing for the Memory
- Leyburn Arts & Community Centre, The Old School House
- Third Tuesday of the month at 2pm (September, October, November)
- Cost: £2 to include refreshements.
Aimed at those who enjoy singing but may be experiencing memory problems, a fun session for carers as well.
For further information or to book please call 01969 624510
The Sporting Memories Foundation support older people across the UK living with dementia, depression and loneliness by engaging them in social activities and helping them to recall memories of watching or playing sport. By sharing memories of sporting moments and tapping into a passion for sport they are helping people to connect with others and with their past, reawakening positive thoughts and feelings that otherwise remain hidden away.
These groups meet for roughly 90 minutes and are run by fully trained volunteers.
There is currently a Sporting Memroies group running at Northallerton Library, For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01609 534812.
There is also a group at Thirsk Library, for more information please contact Matthew Jones on 01609 535016 or email email@example.com.