North Yorkshire IAPT service
This service provides talking therapies for people experiencing the following difficulties:
- panic disorder
- anxiety and worry
- health anxiety
- social phobia
- specific phobias
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
If you start to feel unwell you can make an appointment with your GP to discuss your problems. If appropriate, your GP can refer you to the IAPT service.
You can directly contact one of our offices to discuss a referral using the following contact details:
Northallerton IAPT service:
Tel. 01609 768890
NHS England has released a new animation which promotes the IAPT service among the public and potential service users. Watch below:
Results of the 2014/15 mental health consultation programme:
- DISCOVER! Northallerton 26 September 2014 (PDF 626KB)
- DISCOVER! Craven cafe 25 June 2015 (PDF 412KB)
This is a free educational resource on children and young people’s mental health for all adults.
- the knowledge to support their wellbeing
- the understanding to identify a child at risk of a mental health condition
- the confidence to act on their concern and, if needed, signpost to services that can help.
Youth Wellbeing Directory launch
The NHS has launched the Youth Wellbeing Directory which helps to find mental health support services for young people.
The search tool is here: www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Mental-health-support-for-young-people/LocationSearch/1430
Using new data, the tool is designed to empower young people across England, giving them access to more information about mental health support services near them.