Minor injuries Minor injuries

Staff at minor injury units can see and treat patients with a number of medical concerns including sprains, minor broken bones, burns or head injuries, infected wounds, bites, wounds that require stitches, shoulder or back injuries, emergency contraception and minor eye injuries.

All patients in Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby have access treatment for minor injuries at the following hospitals:

Some GP surgeries offer treatment for minor injuries. Check your local practice website for more information.

If you are not sure about a minor injury, you can call NHS 111 for more information. Always call 999 in a medical emergency.