On 5 November 2019 we received approval from NHS England and NHS Improvement to merger three North Yorkshire CCGs:
- NHS Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby CCG
- NHS Harrogate and Rural District CCG
- NHS Scarborough and Ryedale CCG
We will begin operating as the NHS North Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group from 1 April 2020.
As a single organisation we will be able to:
- Eliminate unnecessary duplication and bureaucratic boundaries to work more efficiently together and with our partners.
- Ensure consistency of decision making for the people of North Yorkshire.
- Provide a more agile and responsive service which maintains a local focus but enables us to obtain better value for money by commissioning at scale.
- Reduce administrative costs to enable more investment in front line health services.
- Share good practice and adopt the best from each of the three existing CCGs.
- Speak as a unified commissioning voice for the benefit of our local population.
- Work more strategically on a larger footprint with our local and regional partners.
Last year each of three North Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Groups’ (CCGs) Governing Bodies agreed to implement a single management team across the organisations. We have been led by a single Accountable Officer since December 2018 and now have a full leadership team in place operating across the three CCGs. A merger is the natural next step to help us collectively achieve the benefits of a single, aligned, strategic organisation, consistent with the national aspirations for CCGs as described in the NHS Long Term Plan
Since our announcement earlier in the year have been further developing our proposal with our communities, members, staff and wider partners and we welcome any views that you would like to share with us. You can share your views by completing the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/T6YDZG6
You can also download the survey here and return it to us by post to:
HRW CCG, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton DL6 2UU or email: email@example.com